Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Ides of March


SF: Nice performances all round. The plot isn't anything new but well executed, the direction has just the right pace and each of the main characters develop well. However it felt more like a mini-series than a film. It ended and I was left thinking "great I'll watch the next part next week". Not sure if that is good or bad. Also (spolier) I felt nothing when Molly died, was I supposed to? 7/10

50 Eggs: Ye Gods, it doth amaze me! I had no expectations for this film and yet I loved it. Starts well and doesn't let up until the crescendo of the final frame. Ryan Gosling was excellent. Beware, the Ides of March is very good indeed. 9/10

DonkeyB: I really enjoyed this, right up my street to start with though. I have nothing interesting to add to fiddy and SF's reviews. 8/10

Overall - 8/10

No comments: