Thursday, May 31, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

SF: There were many things I absolutely loved about this film, the effects, the costumes, cinematography all perfect. Reminds me of the well executed fantasy movies from when I was a kid. Sadly Snow White herself has zero screen presence or depth which is its downfall. Mainly she just stares at people/trolls whatever or the screen. It pulled me back from boredom thanks to the humorous dwarves otherwise I may have fallen asleep. So much wasted potential. Did anyone else spot the blatant Princess Mononoke bit? 5/10

50 Eggs: I'd actually been looking forward to this but it left me cold. I never felt that I cared about what happened to anyone, and the good ideas that were there (creepy mirror guy) were underused. 4/10

DonkeyB: Robin Hood (The Russell Crowe one with the great titles and wobbly accents) crossed with Joan of Arc. I really liked lots about it. Production design and directing were very good I thought. There is loads of potential to make interesting films by returning Grimm fairy tales to their Medieval roots. I think I was a bit too enthusiastic immediately after the film. 6.5/10

Overall: 5.17/10

No comments: