Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Bourne Legacy

SF: This was as enjoyable as the Bourne Identity. Thankfully the plots of the old films aren't rehashed, Aaron Cross knows who he is and who he works for, queue action. Though you can see things coming and I'll concede it is a tad formulaic, at least I didn't find myself bored at any point. The actions fairly cool to watch, realistic and Jeremy Renner manages to pull it all off in the believable way we expect from the Bourne franchise. It was nice to see some actual character development for a change. SPOILER - I count 5/6 Outcome agents accounted for so there is one more unseen out there? 8/10

DonkeyB: Wow that's a high mark! It's nothing like as good as that, or any of the first three Bourne films. There are a lot of plot holes and the first 30 minutes is all cutting and captioning to try and shoehorn the film into the same time space as the last Bourne; quite irritating. Once it got going its not bad. Renner might be more believable as a super soldier (SPOILER ALERT- I thought he gave good stupid) than Matt Damon, but he's not as cuddly. Consequently Rachel Weisz's character's development isn't that believable. Plot device stolen from Limitless. 6/10

50 Eggs: I'm not a fan of the first 3 Bourne films. The plots didn't grip me and the action was fairly mundane. Bourne Legacy had the whiff of wringing the sponge one last time, so it was a surprise to me that this turned out to be my favourite. The story is less convoluted and talky, whilst the set pieces upped the ante without totally disregarding the fact that the franchise is supposed to be realistic. 6.5/10

Overall: 6.8/10

No comments: