Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Raid

SF: I've seen a lot of Martial Arts films, after Ong Bak  I didn't think anything could surprise me, then I saw this. It is nothing short of brilliant. Action from the word go that does not hold back. I think I counted about 100 broken limbs. The plot works fine to hold it together but doesn't detract too much. No Oscars here but that isn't want this is going for. The fights are well choreographed and keep you wanting more. I loved this film and if you like action you will too. 9/10

50 Eggs: I do like action and I did like this film! But not as much as SF. The plot provides a good foundation for a relentless sequence of fight scenes, but for me the story it was done better in Dredd. And whilst I cant fault the Kung-fu, I have been been spoiled by Toni Jaa films, (Google 'The Protector' & 'fight scenes') and therefore can't get overly excited by this. Take this negativity with a pinch of salt though - The Raid is a good film and is only suffering by comparison to some of my favorite films in the genre. 7/10

DonkeyB: n/a

Overall: 8/10

No comments: